Post new topic   Reply to topic    Revenant Forum Index -> Guild Information and Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Pastafarian
Nerdy McScumbag

Awarded:

re: 5.4 EPGP changes: Voice your opinions now!

Hey everyone, we have a couple planned changes to go over with our loot system and what it means to you.

1) We are getting rid of the minor upgrade option. While it was implemented with good intentions, it just wasn't going to be a viable option due to the intricacies of every class and spec and people trying to "game" the system. Even though everyone was told what the option was for, we still had people try to minor upgrade 489 pieces or whatever to 522 or 528's. There are other reasons, such as a minor upgrade for one class and spec might be bit more then a minor upgrade for another class or spec, even though both people had the previous same ilevel of gear.

2) We will once again be giving out EP for each boss kill. Numbers aren't final yet, however, but everyone should be earning more EP then previously. We are still however, working out a fair system for progression nights and nights that aren't loot Tuesdays. People who show up every day of the week, or just not only Tuesday and Wednesday should be rewarded for their dedication and hard work, and may in the long run have a advantage over those that just show up for Tuesdays and Wednesdays. More details in that regard will be given sometime in the near future.

so since no minor upgrade are we stuck with full price on stuff if no one else needs for main spec?

My suggestion:
change the values to 20EP per 15mins and another 10EP for Normal boss kills and 20EP for heroic boss kills to reward those that put in the heroic effort. These values can boost EP gains with out it being drastic.
Keeping the options simple too: Main spec, Off and pass. Greed is irrelevant since anything not used is DE'd

[Guild] [Chimpo]: there even better with the KY enchant.

[Guild] [Magron]: LOL

[Guild] [Mugwart]: chimp, you never cease to amaze me.
Pootigalore
Officer
Captain Winky

Hylaska wrote:
so since no minor upgrade are we stuck with full price on stuff if no one else needs for main spec?

If you don't want to pay full price, roll offspec. Yes you may lose it to another offspec person. If you don't want to lose it, pay full price.

Quote:
Greed is irrelevant since anything not used is DE'd

Greed is not irrelevant. At first when we need chant mats sure but after a while we can get stuff for mog. Greed.

Quote:
If you don't want to pay full price, roll offspec. Yes you may lose it to another offspec person. If you don't want to lose it, pay full price.

I was under the assumption that if you rolled OS on gear then used it for MS was taboo.
Let us say I see a "Heroic Thunderforged (or its equivalent)" Helmet that Gemena, and Shams has. But I don't want to spend GP on it knowing the other two shamans have it, or they are not in the raid. I decide to roll OS knowing I will get the piece for free. I don't believe events like that should ever occur. Because later I would be rolling on tier with other people who may not have that benefit, making me have an unfair advantage.

But the reasoning behind taking away the minor upgrade button is retarded. Inform the raiders what the button is utilized for. If a few people out of 25 have a problem with it its not an issue with the button, but a problem with the information getting out. There may be a few people with illegitimate uses for this button. But removing it because of some bad apples trying to game the system, isn't the answer either. If I were to roll Minor Upgrade for 522 gear and my current gear is 502, I shouldn't be clicking that button in the first place. Charge me for being a tard, I will learn my lesson, and I won't be clicking that again unless it truly is a MINOR upgrade, 522 to 522 or 528.

EP rules are great though Happy

So would this mean that side-grades of equal (or lesser, if it is somehow possible) ilvl would fall under Main Spec and cost full price?

How can this be?"
Pastafarian
Nerdy McScumbag

Awarded:

Phororhacos wrote:
So would this mean that side-grades of equal (or lesser, if it is somehow possible) ilvl would fall under Main Spec and cost full price?

Most likely yes.

so i dunno about you but i feel like im forced now to wait for the t-forged equivalent to drop and roll on it instead of taking normal since i will be double charged if i do

equal item level would not apply (side grades)

Awarded:

Hylaska wrote:
so i dunno about you but i feel like im forced now to wait for the t-forged equivalent to drop and roll on it instead of taking normal since i will be double charged if i do

We aren't changing anything for thunderforged items.

I thought then when you were going from the normal 522 to the TF 528 of the same item/slot, you were just charged the difference in price between the two.

522 1H Weapon = 1500gp
528 1H Weapon = 1760gp

going from the 522 to the 528 would be a 260 charge, not 1760

Would this still apply, or is that no longer going to happen?
Pootigalore
Officer
Captain Winky

My 2c on this whole topic. If people worried about killing bosses as much as they worried about getting their loot, we would be much farther progressed on heroic kills. I suppose that's why all the best guilds are loot council. Ask yourselves what your goal is. Is it to be the best geared ( insert class here ) on the server, or to be in a guild that has cleared heroic content.

Awarded:

IJRaf wrote:
I thought then when you were going from the normal 522 to the TF 528 of the same item/slot, you were just charged the difference in price between the two.

522 1H Weapon = 1500gp
528 1H Weapon = 1760gp

going from the 522 to the 528 would be a 260 charge, not 1760

Would this still apply, or is that no longer going to happen?

We are not charging people full price to upgrade thunderforge items. It would be the difference.

Dorkus Malorkus

Awarded:

Pootigalore wrote:
If people worried about killing bosses as much as they worried about getting their loot, we would be much farther progressed on heroic kills.

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: